← Back to Equipment Solutions
Step and Rail
The Step and Rail has been created to assist children with poor balance or short stature allowing them sit and transfer on and off the toilet safely, with more independence.
Created by TAD
The Step and Rail can also be used to enable a child to access other facilities such as benches, Smart Boards, washbasins, baths and beds.
- Upper and intermediate rail heights provide adequate reach.
- Extra grip strips across ply wood surface to prevent slipping.
Custom options can be made through our Unique Solutions service. Custom options can include:
- Extended rails for additional support to transfer on the step or extra support while sitting on the toilet. These can be hinged to fold back for easy storage.
- A cut out in the platform to fit more closely around the front of the toilet.
- An additional intermediate step which can be retracted under the platform when not in use. This step can be used to help younger kids step up closer to higher surfaces.
|Top rail height from ground
|Intermediate rail height from ground
|Platform height from ground
|Platform width between rails
Suitable for all ages.
Get in touch